Would you like your child to attend Langley Fitzurse?
If you’d like a place for your child, or simply want to know more about the school, you’re welcome to visit at any time. Call us and we will arrange an appointment for you to see the school and meet the head teacher. Please also see our School Prospectus in the Info & Policies section of the website.
We often have mid-year vacancies due to pupils moving home so it’s always worth enquiring.
Young children starting school
If you have a three-year-old or four-year-old child who’s due to begin primary school reception classes within 12 months, the first step is to visit the school and meet our team. After that, you apply to Wiltshire Council, either online or using a paper application form. We can guide you through this process.
The deadline for applying for a reception place to start school in September 2018 is Monday 15 January 2018.
If your child is awarded a place, you will be invited to an induction meeting at the school at the beginning of term 6. Your child will also be offered up to six visits before they begin school – two morning sessions, two morning sessions followed by lunch, and finally two full days. This helps to prepare them for school and get them used to the new routine and faces.
For a visit and a guided tour of the school, phone us on 01249 750295 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents make the initial contact via the School Office to meet the Headteacher.
- An appointment to visit school is arranged (with or without the child/ren)
- The visit to school will be during school time if possible. There will be an opportunity to meet teachers and children, and to discuss educational philosophy, curriculum and the school’s ethos, including Christian status, with the Headteacher. Parents will be offered a school prospectus.
- If parents choose to request a place at the school, they must either complete a Wiltshire County Primary Admission Form or apply on line at www.wiltshire.gov.uk. On line applications are encouraged. The deadline for the first round of applications for Reception September 2018 places is noon on Monday 15 January 2018.
- The school will invite parents to an Induction Meeting before the children start their 6 week induction programme.
MOVING THROUGH THE SCHOOL
As children move through the school, governors have agreed that these criteria will apply:
- In the first instance a child’s academic achievements
- The child’s social and emotional needs.
- The length of time spent in a class
- This will be discussed with the parents
- For children with Special Educational Needs, progress through the classes will be discussed with individual parents.
- Despite mixed age classes, privileges accorded to any year group will apply to the whole year group wherever possible.
This policy will be reviewed every two years and when any other issues arise through government or Local Authority directives.