All children have a right to a broad, balanced and relevant education, which prepares them for the wider world.
At Langley Fitzurse C of E Primary school our curriculum aims to involve children in decision making, has clear educational purpose, is delivered with imagination and has measurable success and value.
To ‘amaze, excite and inspire’ is at the heart of our teaching and learning. As a Church of England Primary School, we believe that God is central to all of our lives and that God values each and every one of us. Our curriculum reflects this and aims to provide opportunities for all children to learn and achieve, irrespective of social background, culture, race, gender, differences in ability.
We follow the National Curriculum throughout Key Stages 1 and 2. Details about the National Curriculum can be accessed here. Should you require further information about the curriculum at Langley Fitzurse, please contact Mrs Howe in the School Office.
At Langley Fitzurse we encourage children to:
• Try new things, so that they develop lively and enquiring minds;
• Work their hardest, to develop their true potential and take pride in that achievement;
• Express their feelings and beliefs, together with a willingness to ask questions and to discuss rationally;
• Understand others, to respect their values and consider thoughtfully their own attitudes;
• Explore the wonders of God’s world together, to think creatively and with imagination; knowing that Christian values are at the heart of our school.
• Never give up, so that they may be adaptable, reliable and self-reliant.
As staff and governors we:
• Plan with the principle of matching the challenge of the National and Skills curricula to the needs of every child.
• Monitor carefully the effectiveness of policies and practices.
• Understand that many learners need focused help at some point in their education and all pupils need to feel valued for their achievements, at whatever level.
- Curriculum Policy.doc
- Reading, Phonics and Spelling at Langley Fitzurse
- Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum Map
- Year 1 Curriculum Map for 2018/19
- Pegasus Class Curriculum Map for 2018/19
- Phoenix Class Curriculum Map for 2018/19
- Chameleon Class Curriculum Map for 2018/19
- New Curriculum – A Guide for Parents
- RE Curriculum Map