Would you like your child to attend Langley Fitzurse?
If you’d like a place for your child, or simply want to know more about the school, you’re welcome to visit at any time. Call us and we will arrange an appointment for you to see the school and meet the head teacher. Please also see our School Prospectus and Admissions Policy. We often have mid-year vacancies due to pupils moving home so it’s always worth enquiring.
Young children starting school
If you have a three-year-old or four-year-old child who’s due to begin primary school reception classes within 12 months, the first step is to visit the school and meet our team. After that, you apply to Wiltshire Council, either online or using a paper application form. We can guide you through this process.
The deadline for applying for a reception place to start school in September 2020 is Wednesday 15 January 2020.
If your child is awarded a place, you will be invited to an induction meeting at the school at the beginning of term 6. Your child will also be offered up to six visits before they begin school – two morning sessions, two morning sessions followed by lunch, and finally two full days. This helps to prepare them for school and get them used to the new routine and faces.
For a visit and a guided tour of the school, phone us on 01249 750295 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents make the initial contact via the School Office to meet the Headteacher.
- An appointment to visit school is arranged (with or without the child/ren)
- The visit to school will be during school time if possible. There will be an opportunity to meet teachers and children, and to discuss educational philosophy, curriculum and the school’s ethos, including Christian status, with the Headteacher. Parents will be offered a school prospectus.
- If parents choose to request a place at the school, they must either complete a Wiltshire County Primary Admission Form or apply on line at www.wiltshire.gov.uk. On line applications are encouraged. The deadline for the first round of applications for Reception September 2020 places is noon on Wednesday 15 January 2020.
- The school will invite parents to an Induction Meeting before the children start.
- All children will be invited to visit school in the term prior to their start date.
- The agreed school procedure for children attending part-time initially involves gradually building up attendance ie mornings, mornings and lunch, then full days, depending on when they are due to start full time. This will be decided by the Early Years leader and Headteacher on an annual basis.Any parent who wishes to discuss any aspect of admissions or induction visits is encouraged to see the Headteacher.