At Langley Fitzurse, we encourage our children to have an enquiring mind and develop their thinking skills through an interesting enquiry-based Science curriculum. It is our intention to recognise the importance of Science in every aspect of daily life. We give the teaching and learning of Science the prominence it requires. Science continues to change our lives and we aim to provide children with the knowledge and skills to impact positively on the world we live in and its future.
We aim to:
- increase pupils’ knowledge and understanding of our world
- develop skills associated with Science as a process of enquiry.
- develop a natural curiosity
- encourage respect for living organisms and the physical environment
- provide opportunities for evaluation of evidence.
- enable children to become enquiry-based learners.
- develop a passion for Science and its place within past, present and future technologies
See below for our full Three i’s document.